TOWN OFFICES REOPEN WITH COVID-19 AWARENESS
Operation now under PHASE 3
General Public Town of Sellersburg Re-Opening Phases
Town Operations Phase 1
- Current condition under Governor Holcomb’s Executive Order
- Town facilities closed to the public. Limited access allowed by department heads only unless otherwise approved by the Town Manager
- Limited Zoom council meetings
- No PC/BZA/Redevelopment meetings etc.
Town Operations Phase 2
- Limited operations and public meetings to resume with social distancing protocols in place
- Town staff working from home allowed to return:
- Ø Office staff to be separated into 2 groups
- Ø Group 1 will operate Billing office from 8a- 11a for the elderly and at-risk customers
- Ø Group 2 will operate Billing Office from 12p – 3p for remaining residents/customers
- Ø Continue to do water/sewer taps and new services through our online process
- Ø Reopen town hall for limited hours to the public by appointment only
- Ø In-person meetings to be held outdoors or in council chambers
- Ø No more than 3 people in a meeting adhering to social distancing protocols
- Ø Establish outdoor temporary Town Hall setup (between Town Hall Building and Billing Office Building) for attendance to public meetings following Health Department Guidelines
- Ø The number of people allowed in Council Chambers in person will be limited to a max of 10 people including council/board members
- Ø Social distancing will be strictly enforced
Town Operations Phase 3
- Limited operations and public meetings to continue with social distancing protocols in place
- Office staff to be separated into 2 groups
- Group 1 will operate Billing office from 8a- 12a for the elderly and at-risk customers
- Group 2 will operate Billing Office from 12p – 4p for remaining residents/customers
- Continue to do water/sewer taps and new services through our online process
- Reopen town hall for limited hours to the public
- In-person meetings to resume while following social distancing protocols
- Resume indoor public meetings while following Health Department Guidelines
Town Operations Phase 4
- Post COVID-19 normal operations of all town functions and public meetings to resume
Due to the unpredictable nature of the COVID-19, every effort will be made by the Town to adjust this plan based on the latest data and guidance from the CDC, State Health Department, and the Clark County Health Official Dr. Eric Yazel.
There is currently no timeline for the Town to progress through the outlined Town Operation Phases. However, is it our priority to preserve the safety of the residents, staff, and officials of the Town.
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Because of the ongoing and ever changing COVID-19 situation, the reopening date of Town Hall, Billing Office, and Building Commissioner’s Office is now extended to May 1st.
We ask that everyone follow the federal, state, and local agency’s recommendations on combating the spread of COVID-19. We are all in this together and ask that everyone take those recommendations seriously.
Town of Sellersburg
Published by Charlie Smith · March 18 at 5:10 PM ·
**Official Town Operational Update**
Today, the Town Council adopted a State of Emergency Resolution.
What does that mean for you as residents?
**The Town Hall and Billing Offices will be closed to the general public effective today, 3/18/2020 with a tentative reopen date of 4/6/2020.
Utility Payments can be processed online Sellersburg.org, by drop off payment in the mail slot located in the drive-thru, or by sending them via US Mail. Beginning for payments due in April, the Town will not assess late fees until the state of emergency is lifted. This is in an effort to help residents spread out their personal finances during what may be a financial hardship for some. If you have current late fees on your bill as of the last billing cycle, you are still responsible for those. If you need assistance, please call (812)246-3821 Ext. 4.
LOCATES and SERVICE CALLS will still be addressed as usual. Please contact the billing office at the number above for assistance.
**Building Department will be closed to the general public effective today, 3/18/2020 with a tentative reopen date of 4/6/2020.
PERMITS Small projects:
If you are applying for permits, you may drop off completed applications and associated documents in the Billing Departments drop box. Documents to be no larger than 8.5 x 11 or you may submit your applications via email.
PERMITS Large projects:
If you are applying for a large project, you can submit via email. If your document file is too large, please use Drop box.
CONTRACTORS LICENSING: If you are applying for a contractor’s license, complete your application
Attach your documents and either drop off through the billing departments drop box or email your application to the Building Commissioner.
PAYMENTS: Payments can be dropped off through the drop box or mailed in, we currently do not have online payments in place.
INSPECTIONS: Inspections will be handled on a case by case situation.
Please contact Mike Beard Building Commissioner at email@example.com or by calling phone (502)817-3041
**MS4 coordinator Bart Meyer can be reached by calling (502)379-4967
**Sanitation Department: Trash collection schedule will be unaffected. Please have place your cans at the curb side as normal.
For all other Town related business, please call (812)246-3821 Ext. 9
EMERGENCY/IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION
Town of Sellersburg Billing Office (utility billing questions, utility locates, new service requests)
PH: 812.246.3821 option 4
Town of Sellersburg Council, Town Manager, Executive Secretary
PH: 812.246.3821 option 9
Town of Sellersburg Building Commissioner
Town of Sellersburg Water Facility Operator
Town of Sellersburg Water Distribution Operator
Town of Sellersburg Wastewater Operator
Alliance of Indiana Rural Water
Sherri Winters - COVID-19 & CYBERSECURITY QUESTIONS
Phone (Business Hours): 317-789-4200 or 888-937-4992
Phone 24 Hours: 317-408-4284
Jaimie Foreman - COVID-19 Operational Issues
IDEM: DW Branch desk
Phone: 317-234-7430 (Business Hours)*
Use the link below to contact your inspector after normal working hours and Travis Goodwin for cybersecurity!
IDEM: Wastewater Jason House - COVID-19 Operational Issues